Sunday, February 20, 2011

Drug Lord



I'm just sayin'.

Have you ever seen so many drugs and needles for one person?  The IVF journey began a week ago.  Mostly I'm excited, but a little nervous at times.  Like the first time I "shot up".  And at the beginning of my daily monitoring appointments before I see how many new follicles have appeared on my ovaries or how much they've grown.  It's all so surreal.

Can I tell you how much of a dork I am?  I recorded myself giving my first shot!  And worse, I can't stop watching it.  It's so funny to me.  I was so worried about how it would feel and it was nothing.  There will be bigger needles that I'm sure will hurt, but for now it's all good.  And completely worth it if our almost three year wait for a baby is over at the end of this process.  And worth it even if this doesn't work.  Because then we'll know we tried everything we could and can move on.  But just in case, say your prayers, meditate, do your fertility fire dance, cross your fingers . . . anything.  Please just keep us in your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. You have been for months (been in my thoughts) and will continue to be from this point forward. Sending all my extra fertility vibes your way and rubbing the belly for luck too!

    ReplyDelete